Skip to the content
- Audit necessary materials and supply chain for cleaning, disinfecting, and preventing spread of disease.
- Provide guidance for cleaning and disinfecting all core assets, including school buildings and playgrounds commensurate with the alert level when school resumes.
- Alert school-based janitorial and infection control staff of any changes in recommended cleaning guidelines issued by OSHA and CDC. It is expected that this guidance will be updated in real-time based on circulating levels of the virus in local geographies.
Do Before School Opens
- Establish procedures for the first day of school based on alert level: Guidance for return to school procedures must be based on recommendations by the CDC and local health officials. These recommendations will be based on community risk.
- Limit access to a small number of fixed entrances to ensure that persons entering are required to be present.
- Where possible, parents of young children should remain in vehicles or outside of the building where their students will be brought to them.
- If parents must enter the building, require hand washing.
- Any person with cough or respiratory symptoms should wear a mask and maintain current social distancing guidelines.
Do When Schools are Open and Operating
- Issue updated guidance to schools on infection control relative to alert level.