Skip to the content
- Conduct a staff assessment to understand who is coming back.
- Develop a plan to replace teachers and staff who are not returning.
- Assess need for new or additional positions with a specific focus on student and staff wellness, but also including technology support.
- Recruit, interview and hire new staff.
- Consider repositioning underutilized staff to serve core needs n (e.g., physical education serving as case managers post-secondary related processes).
Do Before School Opens
- Build and send back to school communications to all relevant stakeholders (e.g., parents, school staff) and include updates across all workflows.
- Create master teaching schedules, student and faculty arrival/dismissal schedules, bus schedules, lunch schedules for staff and students, and bell schedules with social distancing guidelines and facility access control in mind.
- Orient new school staff to any operational changes.
- Prepare a 2020-2021 school budget based on district guidance.
- Verify that student and staff handbooks and planners are printed and ready for distribution. Create a master list of any changes to distribute at the first staff meeting.
- Collaborate with cafeteria staff to ensure any necessary food handling changes are implemented.
Do When Schools are Open and Operating
- Adjust all schedules as needed based on public health guidance.